WebRingo

WebRingo Community Forums

Author Topic: has webring.org gone?  (Read 241 times)

eunice

• View Profile
    • Fanatique
has webring.org gone?
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »
I don't if anyone is reading this any more, but as there is no webrings group as such, I thought I'd post anyway.

Does anyone know if webrings.org has definitely gone? Their site seems to have vanished! I know it was rubbish, but I am sad. Are webrings going the way of the dodo? Oh, I hope not!
Fanatique Webrings

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: has webring.org gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
It looks like webrings.org has been gone for several years according to archive.org.

But webring.org is still there. :)

I don't if anyone is reading this any more, but as there is no webrings group as such, I thought I'd post anyway.

Does anyone know if webrings.org has definitely gone? Their site seems to have vanished! I know it was rubbish, but I am sad. Are webrings going the way of the dodo? Oh, I hope not!

Philip Goddard

• View Profile
    • Philip Goddard - Personal Website
Re: has webring.org gone?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:55:48 AM »
Webring.org / Webring.com (apparently the same entity) still exists as a site, and it even takes money from naive hopefuls for Premium membership.  But their system doesn't work, for any attempt to access any of the listed sites hangs because the site listings don't click straight through to the respective target sites but take you to an intermediate listing site, which just times out.  It was like that a year ago and is just the same today.  Webring Support is non-responsive, and if you've lost money on a Premium subscription that actually gets you no genuine service because the system is non-functional, you probably really have lost that money because nobody is bothered to respond, even to angry demands for a refund.  And PayPal reject disputes raised over such fraudulently obtained payments to Webring, as I've found out the hard way.

Yes, very sad.
--
newbielink:https://www.philipgoddard.com/index.htm [nonactive]